Certificate in Cloud Computing Essentials
Course Duration: 2 Days
Cloud Computing has transformed the IT industry by opening the possibility for infinite or at
least highly elastic scalability in the delivery of enterprise applications and software as a service
(SaaS). Amazon Elastic Cloud, Microsoft’s Azure, Google App Engine, and many other Cloud
offerings give mature software vendors and new start-ups the option to deploy their applications
to systems of infinite computational power with practically no initial capital investment and with
modest operating costs proportional to the actual use.
This essentials course will give you a basic understanding of cloud computing, as well as assist
you with realizing the steps needed to successfully adopt cloud computing and how it can help
your business. No previous IT experience is required, but some familiarity with networking
concepts and Internet-based cloud services will be helpful. Participants will develop a cloud ICQ
as part of the multiple exercises included in the multi-day presentation.
People charged with establishing or reviewing the implications of establishing strategies that embrace cloud computing and coordinate the role of organizational IT in substantiating organizational compliance. Professionals who generally want to learn about cloud computing and assessing their organization’s implementation of cloud computing technologies.
- IT Support Staff
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Midsized Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, and so on)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Management
After completing this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss, with confidence, what is cloud computing and what are key security and control considerations within cloud computing environments.
- Identify various cloud services.
- Understand the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing.
- Assess cloud characteristics and service attributes for compliance with enterprise objectives.
- Explain the four primary cloud category “types”.
- Evaluate various cloud delivery models.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing.
- Contrast the risks and benefits of implementing cloud computing.
- Specify security threat exposure within a cloud computing infrastructure.
- Summarize specific environments that would benefit from implementing cloud computing, contrasted against those environments that might not benefit.
- Weight the impact of improperly controlled cloud computing environments on organizational sustainability.
Certificate in Cloud Computing Essentials Approved by KHDA, Dubai Government.