About the Programme
This Event Management training covers strategy, design and delivery. You will learn hands-on skills and tricks
of the trade from event managements. Topics include planning and execution as well as strategy, management
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation.
Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This
course is recommended for managers and executives tasked with directing events at a strategic level.
After this course you will be able to:
Module 1: Event concepts
This module covers top-level options and decisions for event strategy
• Types of events
• Event strategy
• The 10 pillars of event organization
Module 2: Event design
This module presents a systematic approach to event design.
• Key components of event design
• Developing programmes and branding
• Sourcing venues and materials
• Handling third-party suppliers
Module 3: Event planning
This module covers the step-by-step process of preparing for an event.
• Creating event timelines and critical paths
• Setting realistic budgets and Managing teams
• Organising systems and logistics
Module 4: Event delivery
This module covers the practicalities of delivering a smoothly run event.
• Event delivery on the day
• Handling speakers and delegates
• Crisis contingency management
• Evaluation and follow-up
Module 5: Strategy design for major events
This module zooms out for a strategic perspective on events.
• Role in business and communication strategy
• Event strategy frameworks and blueprints
• Planning and risk assessment
Module 6: Project management for strategic events
This module takes a management perspective to prepare events.
• Putting together an event team
• Selecting, managing and negotiating with suppliers
• Supervising event project management
Module 7: On the day – directing high-profile events
This module examines the leadership perspective on the delivery of events.
• Managing event teams
• Coordinating suppliers
• Troubleshooting and crisis management
• Evaluation and reporting
Module 8: On the day – chairing, hosting and facilitating
This module handles some of the key practical tasks required of event leaders.
• Introducing event segments and speakers
• Chairing and moderating panels
• Facilitating discussions and Q&As
• Hosting VIPs
Request a Call Back?
Leave your details and our specialists will contact you today